Monday, January 09, 2006

 

Feed Your Soul With Music

My son and daughter (in 3rd and 4th grade) both received musical instruments from their grandparents for Christmas. What an amazing blessing. We now get to listen to them practicing their saxophone and clarinet with much diligence. Our house quite often sounds like a band warm-up session. The notes are not always perfect, but I still love to hear them practice.

I'm so glad God created music. When I'm feeling anxiety, turning to Christian music that will remind me of God's love is a great way to fill my heart with joy and relieve stress. One of my favorites is the well-known hymn 'Great is Thy Faithfulness.' Today, when I'm tempted to reach for junk food, I'll turn to music instead as a healthier alternative. I can go to the piano and play this hymn, or if I'm out and about, I can just let the melody play in my mind. What a great reminder of God's love and faithfulness. This will reduce anxiety and stress much more effectively than ice cream. Do you have a favorite song that feeds your soul? Why not sing that song in your heart today, or pull out your favorite music CD, instead of easing anxiety with junk food?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?