Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

Healthy Recipes are Part of the Battle Plan

Tammy recommended the book "Eat Carbs, Lose Weight" by Denise Austin in her comment posted January 16. I like to search the library online for new books, and I just found this one. I'm looking forward to finding some new recipes using all the good food God created for us to maintain health--like whole grains, fruits, nuts and vegetables.

It takes time to create a weekly menu plan, organize recipes and get to the grocery store to pick up all the ingredients. But once this weekly plan is in place and all the ingredients for the recipes are on hand, it makes the whole week go so much smoother. It's Tuesday, and I haven't even planned menus for this week. Am I the only one who has a hard time making time for this?

Pulling recipes together and having a menu plan is like getting a battle plan in place - our strategy for the week. I know I need to do it. Without it, I'm floundering through the week, and I don't always make the most healthy choices.

Let's remember to take time for what is important - take time to pray, take time to put on the Armor of God, take time to exercise... and ... take time to put a battle plan together for the week in the form of healthy recipes and the ingredients to make them!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?