Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

Here's the Armor, Get Out Your Sword

Paul describes the Armor of God as 6 pieces. Here are the steps to using the full armor of God:
1) Put on your strong belt of truth.
2) Wear the breastplate of righteousness.
3) Bring along your gospel feet.
4) Use your shield of faith.
5) Wear your helmet of salvation.
6) Use the sword of the spirit.

God's armor is so awesome and so effective against sin. All of this armor is great and important. If we don't use it all, we won't be as effective. However, my favorite is the last piece of the armor Paul mentions, the sword of the spirit. The sword is the word of God. I love to carry a Bible verse with me to inspire me throughout the day and to use as my sword against Satan when he tempts me. If you have a Bible verse that you like to use as your sword, please share it with me. I like to focus on a different Bible verse every few days. To get this year kicked off, I've been carrying Proverbs 16:3 with me "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?