Sunday, January 08, 2006

 

The Lie That Leads to Pride

On January 6, Katy confirmed that one of the lies I've fallen for many times is one that Satan uses over and over for many people. Her comment--"For me, it would be a lie to believe that one cookie would be OK. One is never enough for me, and I don't think that's changed."--motivates me to be on the look out for this lie again. It sometimes feels like I'm the only one who has this crazy addiction to sugar. Katy noted that on Feb. 2, she'll celebrate her 6th anniversary living completely sugar-free. I feel better today after living sugar-free for close to 6 days, and she is close to her 6th year! It is just so great to know that this can be done, and I'm not the only one trying to live this way.

Here's another lie. Satan uses this one on me after I've been eating well for a few days:
The Lie - You're doing so well, my, aren't you looking good? You can zip up your jeans now, and you should be proud of yourself. Now you can relax. You don't need to carry a sword with you, or spend time putting on your belt of truth, or any of the other Armor of God. It's time-consuming, so just say a quick prayer and get on with your day. (So many times I've listened. I let pride slip in. I lose my focus on my goal of walking closer with Jesus with health as an area of Christian stewardship. I stop putting on the Armor, and I'm back to eating junk food.) The Truth - There should be no room for pride in my heart, except for being proud of Jesus and what He can do with my life. I have already proven that I have nothing to be proud of because my efforts are futile without the strength that comes from Jesus. I need the Armor of God every day. It is the power of God that brings strength to succeed. I must give God the glory and remember that I do not want to fight this battle without His Armor.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?