Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Reap a Harvest

Have you ever been perplexed about something and reached for your Bible just to open it up and see what Bible verse your eyes land on? Once, when I was completely worn out and tired of trying to walk the path of health (thinking it would just be easier to enjoy whatever food I want, sit around and watch T.V., and buy larger size clothes), I decided to open my Bible and see if God had a message for me. I had a grumbly, complaining sort of heart. I was telling God in my heart that I was tired of this struggle.

I opened my Bible to Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

When I read this, it felt like the words of a coach, encouraging me on. God reminded me not to become weary in making good healthy choices. This Bible verse is just what I needed then, and it's just what I need throughout this entire journey. God is telling us not to give up. He has promised that we will reap a harvest, and God always follows through on His promises.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?