Sunday, January 29, 2006

 

To the Glory of God

1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV) reminds us of our purpose for maintaining health, including being careful in what we eat and managing our weight.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

According to this Bible verse, is there a way to eat that is to the glory of God? The answer of course, is "yes." Then, it would stand to reason that there is a way to eat that is not to the glory of God. This reminds us again that health is another area of stewardship. If we maintain our health, we can serve God better. I have to keep reminding myself of this so that pride doesn't slip in, and so that I don't forget that the goal of health is not for the sake of vanity. The goal is to give glory to God.

I'm thinking ahead to the end of 2006 and how much fun it will be to give glory to God for helping me resist cravings for sugary sweets, overcome my addiction to junk food, and fit back into the clothes that are hanging in my closet!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?