Friday, January 06, 2006

 

The Truth Will Set You Free

The belt of truth is another powerful part of the Armor of God. I like to envision a belt around my waste with the truth written all around it. Having the truth with me will help when Satan tells me lies. Here are some of the lies I have fallen for, quite possibly thousands of times, over the past many years of my weight loss battle. The corresponding truth follows the lie:
1) The lie - You have finally overcome your addition to sugar. This time, you can eat just one chocolate chip cookie. After all 'once in awhile' is okay. The truth - If I eat one chocolate chip cookie, I won't be satisfied. It will actually awaken an even stronger craving for more. Then I'll eat another and another. So I'm better off not even eating just one.
2) The lie - Everyone else is eating dessert. If it's okay for them, it must be okay for you. The truth - Not everyone is addicted to sugar like me. I shouldn't use what other people are doing as my guide. My desire to walk with God closely through a journey toward good health is a personal decision and has nothing to do with what other people are doing.

How about you? Do you recognize any lies that you've fallen for lately? What is the corresponding truth? Add that truth to your belt of truth and carry it with you so you'll have a good response when Satan brings up those lies that have always worked in the past.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?