Monday, January 23, 2006

 

Wisdom to See the Way of Escape

Yesterday, I listed several areas in which I need wisdom. Today, I thought of another. I need wisdom to recognize the escape route God is providing when I'm faced with temptation. He always provides it, but we should be ready to look for it, see it, and head in that direction. How do I know God provides an escape route for us when we're tempted? We are told about this escape route in 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)
"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."

I'm praying that God will show each of us the way of escape when we are tempted, that He will make it very obvious when we are tempted. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have wisdom to recognize the way of escape that God is providing? Let's be on the look-out and take advantage of God's escape routes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?