Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

Be Content

I have often wondered if eating too much is a form of coveting. In her comment to my February 21 post, Sandra reminds us that sometimes in response to stress we might turn to junk food to gain some momentary peace. I think being at peace is similar to being content. If we are content with the food God has provided to build our bodies up and sustain our health, then we'll be at peace, not having an internal struggle to overcome tempation to eat more than we need or to indulge in junk food.

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' ” Hebrews 13:5 (New King James Version)

If I could remember to be content with an appropriate amount and type of food (single servings instead of seconds, skipping out on ice cream, etc.), I'll experience much more contentment in the long run with the blessing of good health.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?