Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Have you dried up any bones lately?

Maybe it's the winter blahs and the greyish color of the sky that has been making me grumpy. Or, maybe Satan has been giving me an extra dose of "get angry quick" temptation. It could be that I'm not as relaxed because I haven't been getting my exercise outside in the fresh air. Whatever the reason, I realize that I need to focus on being cheerful as much as I need to focus on good health.

In fact, here is a Bible verse to remind me that being cheerful is another way to contribute to good health.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22 NIV

When I realize that snapping at my children or husband can crush their spirits and actually dry up their bones, it's a horrible thought. Of course, I don't want to dry up the bones of my family!

Let's put on extra smiles this week and remember that a cheerful heart will not only bring health to you but to those around you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?