Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

This is the Day

I've been filling my days with so many goals for each day that I'm having a hard time enjoying the days. I really appreciated Tammy's comment to my Feb. 8 post about focusing on one day, because I noticed today that I wasn't rejoicing. Instead, I was trying to accomplish too much. I squeezed out my exercise time, which I really miss, and I squeezed out time to relax while making a good, healthy supper for my family. Satan sure knows how to get us off track. He either beguiles us into procrastination, or he beguiles us with the opposite of procrastination--the feeling of urgency to get everything done in one day. I don't believe God is necessarily impressed with over-achievers. If we're so busy achieving that we don't take time to rest in God's peace, He misses time with us just as we miss time with Him. God would have been better served today if had completed only half of what I set out to accomplish. Also, I would feel better if I had exercised and taken time for prayer during my exercise time. Tomorrow, I need to make a list of everything I need to get done (either in my head or written down), and then I need to cut the list in half so I can enjoy the day God has given me!

Here is a terrific Bible verse to remind us to enjoy the blessings God brings to us each day, one day at a time.

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?