Friday, March 31, 2006

 

Are You Weary?

This has been an exhausting week for me. I'm organizing an event as a benefit for City Union Mission, the homeless shelter in Kanas City. It's the CrossRoard 5K walk and run, which takes place on Sunday. We have the most wonderful group of volunteers and helpers. However, I'm still tired just keeping up with it all. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night, so I can' wait to close my eyes in slumber this evening. In our fast-paced, accomplishment oriented society, isn't it great to know that we when are weary, we have a source of renewal? Jesus said,

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:38 (NIV) What a perfect gift, the gift of rest, rest when we're physically tired, rest when we're tired of the struggle to do the right thing. All we have to do is come to Jesus and rest in His love.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?