Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

Perseverance

It is easy for me to be passionate about health, but it is not easy for me to be persistent in my plans. I find that for 23 hours out of any given day, I follow a healthy plan for life. Then for 1 hour out of 24, I don't. This is so frustrating, because if for only 1 hour, I indulge in junk food that turns itself into fat on my body, then the other 23 hours don't really count for much!

I found a terrific prayer in 2 Thessalonians.
"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance." 2 Thessalonians 3:5 (NIV)

Imagining that I'm not the only one who follows the 23 hours-a-day good diet plan and encounters problems during the other 1 hour, I will prayer for all of you and for me this week. Please join me in praying for each other. When it comes to walking the path of good health, I certainly could use more perseverance, and I need to practice persevering for 24 hours at a time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?