Wednesday, March 01, 2006

 

With All Your Heart For the Lord

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23 (NIV)

When I remind myself that I'm working for the Lord, no matter what I'm doing, I have more energy and enthusiasm to finish the task. I love working for the Lord because I know whatever I'm doing will have some meaningful value, whether big or small. I also know that when I'm working for the Lord, he sends his angels to help as well, so my efforts are always multiplied.

If any goal or task we are facing is not for God ultimately, then what point is it? This is why when I'm working toward my goal to maintain my weight (lose weight and keep it off), I love to remind myself that it's for the Lord. While I'm at it, I might as well be enthusiastic and dedicated. This will bring a lot of joy to the task.

This applies to our healthy lifestyle goals as well. We should work toward our weight loss goals, and any other goals, not half-heartedly, but with all of our hearts. If we're out walking for the Lord or turning down junk food for the Lord, these tasks always lose their drudgery. We can just feel good inside, because we are doing it for Him.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?