Sunday, April 30, 2006

 

Praise - 4 months sugar-free

Since part of the Armor of God includes the gospel feet, today is a perfect day to offer a praise. I'd like to share the good news of how God is working in my life. It's the last day of April. I started this blog 4 months ago in January. Thank you so much to those of you who have offered support and encouragement. Early in January, Katie posted to the blog some info about herself. In response to my blog about cutting out cookies, donutes, cake, and candy from my diet, she said she had done the same thing, noting that she had been "sugar free" for 6 years. That was totally amazing to me. I was encouraged to know that it could be done.

Well, it hasn't been 6 years. For me, it's been 4 months. But I am so happy to see God working in my life. I haven't eaten donuts, candy, or any type of sweet, sugary dessert-type food this year. Praise God. No, I'm not perfect. I still overeat on good, healthy food. I still eat too much of even the good food. My appetite is still there. However, I feel God is working in my life to overcome this.

This blog has been a great way for me to create accountability. At least I know someone knows my plans and that I've been striving to let God's power work in my life.

So part of the Armor is the gospel feet, taking good news everywhere. I need to practice this, so I'm starting right here with the blog! Praise God for His wonderful patience with me, and praise Him for helping me overcome my sugar cravings!

Do you have good news to share? I would love to here it. Share your good news. It's just like putting on your gospel feet.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?