Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 

Through Christ's Strength, We Can Be Content

You might be familiar with the popular Bible verse in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." But did you know the 2 verses prior to this one focus on being content? As human beings, it's hard for us to be content, isn't it? Can we actually be content with a meal that doesn't end with ice cream? Can we be content even when we're in need, even when we're hungry? The Bible reminds us that we can be content. We can do all things - even become content - through Christ who strengthens us.


"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Philippians 4:11,12

This is such an important thing for me to remember. It doesn't come naturally, so I have to practice. But putting on the armor of God and relying on strength of Jesus, it's possible to be content without cookies, candy, or ice cream!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?