Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

Adding to Battle Plan

The May challenge to walk 40 miles has been a great goal for me. I walked more than I would have this month. I haven't reached my goal, but I have 3 more days. We don't have a scale in our house but I'm sure I lost a couple of pounds of fat. Our family went to Science City on Friday and I weighed in there at their medical/health exhibit and weighed 3 pounds less than I did at the doctor a couple months ago. So, that's the good news. The bad news is I'm sure I added back at least 2 of those pounds with all the pizza I ate last night. My husband asked for home-made pizza, so I made the dough, then discovered we had no pizza or spaghetti sauce, so I made sauce out of tomatos and a can of diced tomatos. It took an hour to make this pizza. By the time it was done, I was famished and had invested so much time in the pizza, I decided I deserved a ton of it!

Well...I now have a new thing to add to my battle plan. Pizza. I need a plan to deal with pizza so I don't overindulge. Here's the plan. Amy's brand makes a terrific cheese-less pizza. It is low fat, and one of my favorite foods. I will keep frozen Amy's cheese-less pizza on hand, and the next time my family wants pizza - they can order out or make a frozen pizza - and I will have my Amy's pizza.

What challenges are you facing with your healthy lifestyle and weight loss goals? Since we are all different, we all need a different battle plan. But here's something we all have in common. Our strength comes from God. We need a plan so we can overcome temptation, but to carry out the plan, we need the word of God in our hearts and prayer. Lots and lots of prayer.

"...but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." 2 Chronicles 32:8 (NIV)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?