Monday, May 29, 2006

 

More and more Prayer

While out walking/jogging this morning, I prayed to God and asked the question "Lord, what is going to be the key to my weight loss success? I only want to lose about 10 pounds. This goal really shouldn't be so hard to attain. There is something I'm missing. Something I'm not doing quite right." Immediately, I heard the answer. "You need more prayer."

It's a simple answer. If we need more of God's power in our lives, we need more prayer. Daniel prayed 3 times a day. So, why do I think my one time first thing in the morning is enough to sustain me all day? This week, I will pray more, especially in the late afternoon/early evening, which is the time of the day I most often give in to cravings.

Remember - "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?