Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Things We Do Not Know

My niece graduated from Enterprise Academy, and we went to her graduation ceremony this past weekend. I enjoy listening to the sermons and speeches encouraging graduates to choose the path that follows Jesus. If you could go back to your own high school graduation and make all the choices between that day and this day over again, is there anything you would want to do differently? For me the answer is "yes...I would want to go back and make right all of those times that I didn't follow Jesus."

But I can't change the past. So what about the future now? Just as I was on graduation day, today I'm facing an unknown future. I'd like to think that I have more wisdom now than I did then. But I still need more wisdom. We are all faced with choices every day as we head into an uncertain future.

One of the speakers shared a verse from Jeremiah 33:3
'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

God is still there, ready for us to call on Him. He has great things to reveal to us. So much we do not know. But He is ready to show us if we call on Him.

Here's a question for God. Why is it important for us to maintain our health? Does it really matter, and why? I believe it does matter, but there are still great and unsearchable things I do not know. This week I am calling on God to reveal to us the great and unsearchable things about our bodies and our health. I pray that He will reveal new reasons to each of us and create an even deeper impression and reason to maintain our health for His glory.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?