Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

God's Plan for You

What if God had a plan for your life but you didn't allow Him to fulfill it? And "What if" is not really the correct way to ask the first part of this question because we know for certain that God does have plans for your life. And they're wonderful plans.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

The uncertain part is the second part of this question--our part. What if, by our choices and actions, we don't allow God the opportunity to fulfill His plans for our lives?

I have been thinking about this in terms of my health. What if God has plans for me to experience good health, to live a long, active life, but I don't let Him fulfill those plans? If I choose to eat too much pizza, overindulge my appetite on a daily basis, and avoid exercise, I could be missing out on the blessing of good health that God wants to give me.

What an amazingly sad thought. In fact, Isaiah reminds us how tragic it is to miss out on God's blessings because we continue to follow our own way instead of His way.

"Woe to the obstinate children,"
declares the LORD,
"to those who carry out plans that are not mine,
forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit,
heaping sin upon sin;" Isaiah 30:1

God wants the best for us. He has marvelous plans. This includes good health. He plans for us to be water skiing or snow skiing or riding our bikes or walking a mile--whatever it is we love to do--maybe even when we're up to 100 years old! He plans for us to be serving Him with a long, active, healthy life.

Let's pray that we will make the right choices daily so that God can fulfill His plans for us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?