Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Changing Spots

I've been contemplating more fully Jeremiah 13:23 (yesterday's blog Bible verse)...

I keep thinking about the metaphor of spots on my body. I have so many spots that need to change - vanity, pride, selfishness, lack of patience, judgemental attitude. I keep thinking about these spots, and I really want to get rid of them. But I can't. I'm like a leopard trying to change his spots. My prayer is that God will take away these 5 particular spots. These are the spots that seem to appear and grow even larger when I start reaching my health goals:

Vanity spot: Aren't I looking better?
Pride spot: I am doing so well. I sure do have my act together.
Selfishness spot: I can't take time to help you because I'm using up all of my spare time researching nutrition facts!
Lack of Patience spot: Results are coming, but not fast enough.
Judgemental Attitude spot: Why doesn't that person get on their bike and ride some of that weight off?

Aren't these horrible spots? They are ugly. These are not good spots to be in. I don't like the way these spots feel. In fact, they feel worse than having an extra roll on my tummy. Isn't it just like Satan to throw these spots on us right in the middle of our success with health goals?

If you are like me and you have spots you would like to get rid of, let's pray that God will remove these spots and keep Satan with his old ugly paint brush away from us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?