Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

He will complete it

One day this week, I was not having such a good day -- not eating well, not exercising. I stepped on the scale and had put on 2 pounds since the previous week. I wondered "Am I ever going to get there?" "There" being a place where I fit into all the clothes I want to fit into and feel energized and at peace, taking care of my health properly.

"Lord," I prayed. "I'm tempted to give up."

Then I remembered the words to a song "He who began a good work in you, will be faithful to complete it." What a wonderful promise. I won't give up, because God won't give up on me.

Here is the verse in Philippians:

"And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again." Philippians 1:6 (New Living Translation)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?