Sunday, October 22, 2006

 

Building Strength

This month's fitness challenge includes push-ups and sit-ups for strengthening upper body and abdominals. The sit-ups are a real challenge for me. I have never liked sit-ups. In aerobics classes at the gym, I would usually do about half the sit-ups and then start stretching my legs because I could not keep up. Now it shows. I really need those sit-ups!

There is something else I need for building strength - even more than sit-ups. The Bible tells us how to build strength. Isaiah 40:31 tells us we can renew our strength by trusting in the Lord.

"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint."

To reach my October goal for sit-ups, I'm doing about 24 sit-ups per day. How much more strength I would have to face all of life's challenges if I would trust God 24 times a day! That turns out to be every hour of every day. Let's take the challenge of trusting God every hour of every day. Think about how much more we'll be able to accomplish. Increase your trust in God and watch your strength increase.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?