Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

Joy of Lord = Strength

My appetite seems to be winning most of the food battles lately, and I don't like it. So, I decided to search the Bible for new inspiration. Where could I find a new source of strength to face the same old temptations? I found just 8 short words in Nehemiah.

"...the joy of the LORD is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Could it be that I've lost my focus on the joy of the Lord, so I'm also losing my strength? This week I will let myself feel the joy of the Lord, the joy He wants me to feel. I have so many blessings. I don't want to forget them. When I'm feeling tired and stressed, I'll look for new strength by remembering the many ways He brings joy to my life.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?