Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Be Strong and Thankful

Have you stopped to count your blessings today? Thanksgiving week is a perfect time to carry thankfulness in our hearts. Satan is going to try to get me to lose self control and forget about my blessings on Thanksgiving. He'll try to get me to indulge in more sweets and high fat foods than my body can process. He'll try to benumb my brain with a sugar load. He'll try to get me to eat so much that all I can do is become a couch potato.

It's time now to put on the Armor of God to get ready for the battle. I want to make healthy choices and maintain my self control, even on Thanksgiving. At the end of the day I want to feel good and be thankful for good health. At the end of the day, I want to say thank you to God for giving me His strength and for helping me make it through the war zone successfully.

How about you? God has provided His Armor. Are you putting it on now so you can maintain your self control through Thanksgiving? Are you ready to live up to and uphold the light you have about how to keep your body healthy? I found a wonderful prayer in Colossians. Let's pray this for ourselves and for each other to maintain our health goals successfully on Thanksgiving.

"We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light" (Colossians 1:11-12, New Living Translation)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?