Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

Self Control

My friend sat across the table at Subway having a drink while I ate my sandwich. I relayed my story about giving my health to Jesus and how amazed I am that I've been able to give up sweets this year. I know without a doubt that God has been helping me fight my battle against ice cream addiction. I explained that I still have areas of diet to work on. I'm not perfect, but at least I've been using His Armor to overcome in this one area.

She just so matter of factly reminded me that the struggle is all about self control.

Of course, I knew that, but sometimes I don't want to admit it. I find it easier to shift my focus and let go of one thing when I can indulge in some other thing. The battle is really about self control, in all areas of health and in all areas of life. So if I let go of sweets and indulge in something else, I really haven't won the battle.

My new name for this blog will be the Full Armor of God Self Control Diet. Paul reminds us how important self control is to our daily walk with God.

"But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet" (1 Thessalonians 5:8, NIV).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?