Sunday, November 26, 2006

 

A Way That Seems Right

I am often struck and sometimes discouraged by the fact that so many people around me don't place a higher priority on following the laws of health. I set goals for eating healthy, but then get dismayed by those around me who seem oblivious. It's hard to be different. Our guest speaker at church this weekend read Proverbs 16:25, and it reminded me why I want to say no to too much junk food even if everyone else around me is diving into ice cream and cake and smores.

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death"(Proverbs 16:25, NIV).

If we do what feels right or what seems right to everyone around us, it may be dead wrong. It may lead to our destruction. This Bible verse reminds me not to follow the crowd. Just because a path seems right to the majority doesn't mean it's the correct path. If everyone around me is choosing a path that will ultimately destroy their health, why should I crave the same thing and desire to join them? If I don't want to share in the result, I must be different. Through prayer and Jesus' power, we can maintain self control even if we are the only ones turning down ice cream.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?