Monday, January 01, 2007

 

Resolve to Remain Humble

You've heard pride goeth before a fall. These words of wisdom come from the Bible. "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall" Proverbs 16:18 (NIV). This happened to me right before Christmas.

My family returned home from our ski trip and I had lost about 5 pounds. I put on my size 10 jeans and they fit. It felt so great, I immediately gave in to feelings of pride. I became self confident and full of myself, focused on completely wrong motives (glory to me instead of glory to God). I totally ate whatever I wanted over Christmas including chocolate and cookies and ice cream (all those unhealthy treats I had used God's strength to resist all year) and gained the 5 pounds back.

That's why in 2007 my goal is to remain humble and really work on keeping the correct motive, giving glory to God. I love a new year, a new chance to serve God better, a chance to forget mistakes of the past year, a new chance to pray more and stay connected and grow closer to Him than ever before.

I hope you'll resolve to remain humble with me. And if I start talking about what a great job I'm doing at being humble, pray hard for me, really hard!

Comments:
oh wow, do I see myself. Thank you so much for the warning.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?