Friday, January 05, 2007

 

Self Control Muscles

If you're like many Americans, for the new year, you resolved to make better choices for your health. Perhaps you've been walking, jogging, or lifting weights. If you're like me, life gets so busy it's hard to make the time to exercise. But I notice when I exercise every day, even a little, like walk 1 mile and do 10 minutes of weights for arm muscles, it really makes a difference. It feels good when you notice the sit ups don't hurt quite as bad as they used to and maybe you can do 20 instead of 10.

Self control is like a muscle. God helps us build up stronger self control muscles over time with practice when we call on Him and follow His will. I have noticed that when I practice self control around food I control my temper better. The self control muscles can be used in multiple areas of our lives. What a wonderful additional benefit from practicing self control and sticking to our healthy new year's resolutions.

So as you're out building physical muscles, like in your arms, remember to practice self control around food, around spending, around use of your time, around all areas of life. Just like those arm muscles feel good from all those push-ups, self control muscles feel terrific, too.

Comments:
Hi Karen,

This is not so much a comment on "SCM" as it is to let you know how much I enjoyed your article 'Winning the Battle' in The Lookout. I have recently become aware of what bad eating and fitness habits I have fallen into and decided to make a change. That whole issue seemed like a confimation of my decision, and your article was so great.

Thanks again!
Pamela
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?