Sunday, August 19, 2007

 

That Day

Last week I set a goal to do a biking event in Kansas City called the Route of Champions, a 36-mile charity ride in association with the Tour of Missouri. The very day my friends and I set this goal, I made my way over the health club. I knew I had to get ready. There is nothing like a goal to set me in motion. If I didn't have the goal, I wouldn't take the necessary steps to meet it.

This reminds me of another goal. An event of all events. A one-time event coming our way soon. It's the day Jesus comes again to take us to heaven. I have a goal to be ready for that day. When I plan my day, I want to do whatever I can today to be ready when Jesus comes.

Martin Luther said he only had 2 days on his calendar -- this day and that day. That day being the day Jesus comes to take us home with Him.

I love that focus. These are the two days that matter most.

Do you want to be ready when Jesus comes again? What are you doing this day to be ready for that day? Stephen Covey wrote the popular book "7 Habits of Highly Effective People." One of the habits is "Begin with the End in Mind."

Let's live this and every day with that day in mind. Are we keeping and building our faith? Are we reading God's word? Are we praying? Do we accept Jesus death on the cross as our salvation and accept the Holy Spirit into our hearts to transform our lives?

Let's plan today to be ready for that day!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?