Wednesday, September 09, 2009

 

Praising Him

I'm getting ready to download a song by Avalon called "Testify to Love." I'm getting it free, too. It's so exciting. My son talked me into buying Pop-tarts. Pop-tarts of all things! Not exactly your nutritious breakfast. I told him it would be a treat, like having a cookie, and not to just eat a pop-tart for breakfast, that would be like eating a cookie for breakfast! So, guess what? There's a free prize inside my poptart box. I picked a box with a free $15 iTunes gift card. So I have my gift card and I heard this great song by Avalon. I had heard it many times before, but this time it really sunk in. "For as long as I shall live I will testify to love...With every breath I take I will give thanks to God above." I want this to by my approach to live.

Giving thanks to God. I've been thinking a lot about my purpose here on earth, the talents God has given me, His plan for my life, what it is He really wants me to accomplish for Him while I'm here on this earth before He comes again. I've been thinking about this more because this came up in a conversation with my son last night. "God has a plan for your life," I told him, just like Elisha. We were reading about how Elisha was faithful in small ways and because of this, he was able to be faithful in big ways. So I'm thinking about the small ways I can be faithful to God, and I'm getting ready to download my Avalon song and it just occured to me...Wouldn't it be great if God's plan for my life was as simply to praise Him. He tells us "My yoke is easy and my burden is light." But I get all stressed out with so many things, keeping up with caring for my family (taxi driver, meal planner, house clutter buster), making time to exercise, work work work at my job, use my talents for Him by helping the church and my kids church school, on and on and on. I get stressed, but Jesus has said "My yoke is easy and my burden is light."

You know, I want my main job to be simply to praise Him. That would be the greatest job, the easiet job He could ever give me. If Jesus said to me, "Hey, here is your job on earth, my purpose for you, I will bless you and I want you to use your talents to praise Me and tell others about these blessings." Wow, what a great job! What a great and easy purpose for me on earth. I like that job. I want that job. Give me that job!

So, let's start today with a praise. I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made! I want to let go of all the old bad health habits and be a walking, living, breathing example of how God's ways are better than my ways. I want to follow his plan for health by eating all the great foods he made to lift up our health and avoiding all the junk food that tears our health down. I want to be an example of the blessings that come from following His ways. And then guess what? I want to do nothing else but praise Him for it!

That's my passion today. I'm getting ready to go for a walk before it's time to taxi my kids around to piano lessons. I'm going to get that song by Avalon to remind me to give thanks to God above with every breath I take.

That's my purpose here on earth. I just want to fulfill it!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?